Fruit Loops Recipe ~ Rainbow Squares
My kiddos love classic Rice Krispie Treats. With St. Patrick’s Day right around the corner, we decided to put a little twist on the classic childhood recipe. We switched the Rice Krispies for Fruit Loops. Creating a yummy batch of colorful Rainbow Fruit Loop Treats.
Your kids will love this simple twist on traditional Rice Krispie Treats. Its a bit of a sugar rush but hey its OK it indulge once in a while;)
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience.
I love how easy this recipe is to make. It only take 3 ingredients! Seriously does it get any easier?
Fruit Loop Treat Recipe:
- In a large pan, melt the butter with your stove turned to medium heat.
- Add the marshmallowsto the pan of melted butter, and stir them until they are melted completely.
- Toss in your cereal and mix well. You will want to work quickly, it will become a sticky mess as the marshmallows cool.
- Pour the mixture into a large bread pan which has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Allow bars to cool completely before serving. Cut into squares or use a cookie cutter to make fun shapes and enjoy!
These little yummy treats are a fun Dr. Seuss treat; a fun addition to your kids Easter basket; a colorful rainbow for St. Patrick’s day; a festive birthday goodie, or just because. Your kids will love them…mine did!