2 Ingredient Ice Cream Bread Recipe ~ A fun kitchen experiment!
The kids love experimenting in the kitchen. Especially when it involves a sweet treat like Ice Cream. So when I found a simple 2 ingredient ice cream bread recipe, I knew we had to try it. Plus we were excited by the novelty of baking ice cream.
Ready for one of the best kept secrets of fun things to bake with the kids? It only uses 2 ingredients and one of them is Ice Cream! What kid would not be excited about that?
Ice Cream Bread Recipe
- 2 cups (1 pint) of your favorite Ice Cream. We used Haagen Dazs dulce de leche caramel and it was delicious!
- 1 1/2 cups Self Rising Flour
f you don’t have self rising flour on hand…no problem. To make your own self rising flour, for every 1 cup of flour add, 1 1/2 tsp baking powder and 1/2 tsp. salt.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8.5″x4.5″ pan. (anything from 8×4-9×5 will work).
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the softened ice cream and the self rising flour, until combined. Do not over mix, just until combined.
- Using a spatula, pour into greased loaf pan and smooth out the top with the spatula.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and place on a cooling rack.
Ice Cream Bread Recipe tips:
- Used full fat Ice Cream ~ Don’t try to use a low fat or low sugar/no sugar ice cream. Neither the results nor the flavor will not be the same. Throw caution to the wind and go full fat and full sugar. Trust me on this one.
- Let the ice Cream soften on the counter before mixing. You may be tempted to thaw in the microwave, but don’t. Patience is a virtue;)
- Like most yummy baked treats, this bread is best served warm from the oven.
- The bolder the Ice Cream flavor, the tastier the bread. With that said, also expect more of a bread like flavor than a sweet cake like flavor.
- You can add mix in ingredients to enhance the flavors. (M&M’s, peanut butter cups, sprinkles Nuts, dried fruit…)
- or add a little bump in flavor with an extract (cherry, almond, peppermint, pineapple…)
- To make your own self rising flour, for every 1 cup of flour add, 1 1/2 tsp baking powder and 1/2 tsp. salt.
- Most importantly…Experiment and have fun!
Just THINK of all the possibilities! Moose Tracks, Rocky Road, Mint Chocolate Chip, Cookies and Cream…the list could go on and on! My kids can’t wait to try another version of ICE CREAM BREAD soon!
Remember this is bread…not cake. You will think it is going to be as sweet as your favorite ice cream flavor, but its not. As long as you keep that in mind, you’ll enjoy this fun little treat! My kids could not get over the fact that they just baked Ice Cream and then proceeded to eat it with their hands. Yep eating Ice Cream with your fingers is a novelty around here;) No spoon necessary for this little Ice Cream Treat!
Ice Cream is a favorite indulgence in our house. In the winter we love making Snow Ice Cream. Its not as creamy as traditional Ice Cream, but a fun treat all the same.