Paper Poppy Flower Tutorial
The kids are creating lots of simple poppy crafts perfect for Remembrance Day. Our giant paper poppies make me smile, and torn poppies are always a hit. However, these simple paper poppies are so quick and easy to make. They make great colorful decorations for any celebration!
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience.
Materials needed to make a Paper Poppy:
- Red Paper
- Black Paper
- Green Pipe Cleaners or Chenille Stems
We put together a little video so you can see how quick and easy they are too make.
DIY Poppy Directions:
- Fold the red paper into half and tear along the fold.
- Fold the 1/2 sheet of red paper into quarters. Then fold on the diagonal, so that each folded edge meets and cut the top edge into a half circle. (see video)
- Open to reveal a poppy.
- Fold the black paper into quarters and tear along the folds.
- Fold the 1/4 sheet of black paper into quarters. Then fold on the diagonal, so that each folded edge meets and cut the top edge into a half circle. (see video)
- Open to reveal a small poppy.
- Place the black poppy into the center of the red poppy. Push the pipe cleaner through the centre of the flowers. Twist to keep it in place.
- Repeat to make a whole bouquet of poppies.
We also turned a few of our poppies into quick and simple garland.