Heart Shaped Binoculars ~ Recycled Valentine craft ideas for kids
We love simple Valentine craft ideas. One of our favorites is this simple Heart Stamping activity. Seriously if you haven’t tried it yet, you have to check it out. The little heart tubes were too cute to throw out, so we decided to turn them into adorable Heart Shaped Binoculars.
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience.
These little Valentines Binoculars are so easy to make. Bonus: we were able to squeeze 2 activities out of one! These little cardboard tubes (aka toilet paper roll) first became the star of our beautiful art work, and now we are transforming them into binoculars.
- Paint the cardboard tubes (aka toilet paper rolls) your favorite color. We chose shades of pink and red.
- Then simply glue the tubes together with hot glue.
- Add holes on either side of the binoculars with a hole punch.
- Thread your string through the holes and tie to make a necklace
Of course your don’t want to forget the jewels!
Simple Valentines Play Ideas:
- Hide paper hearts through out the house.
- When the hearts are all hidden, send the kids out on a hunt for hearts. They can use their heart shaped binoculars to help the look.
- We numbered our hearts so that they knew how many were left to find. The kiddos loved the challenge.
- As an added bonus, everything that they looked at was in the shape of hearts.
- Work on simple shape and number recognition as you play this game.