Valentines Day Ideas ~ Cardboard Tube Heart Stamping
This simple Heart Tube Stamping activity is fun for toddlers and preschoolers. I love that it take no time at all to set up and the materials come straight from our recycle recycle bin. Below you will find lots of Valentines Day ideas to inspire you.
This is a classic toddler craft that has to be one of the easiest to set up.
- Cardboard tubes ~ most commonly found in your paper towels, toilet paper or even your wrapping paper.
- Paint of your choosing ~ we used red tempera paint for Valentines day
Now all you need to do is shape the cardboard tube. Simply squish and manipulate it until you reach the desired shape. I tried encouraging the kids to do this step, but it was a bit beyond little fingers. You may just want to do this step yourself. If you are finding that the tube is becoming a little wonky, you can always add a strip of tape around the tube to help it hold its shape.
This is not a new idea, but definitely a fun and easy craft for toddlers. Here is a list of our favorite ways to jazz up your Valentines with the simple cardboard tube.
- Did you know that you can turn a simple painting activity into a fun treat filled pouch? You have to check out these simple Kraft paper Stamped Heart Pouches. They would be perfect for handmade Valentines or as a special treat in the kids lunches.
- Take your stamping to the next level and create a fun mixed media piece. I love this simple Jim Dine inspired artwork. I am in love with how the colorful background accents the heart. Beautiful!
- Grab your scissors and glue gun, because you are totally going to want to create this adorable Hearts All Around art work. A fun collaborative project that you can create with your kiddos.
- Here is the perfect way to create a simple cardboard tube Heart Stamp. I adore these photos!
- Another great idea on how to use your simple stamp create Hearts A Plenty. A perfect way to address envelopes to your loved ones for Valentines Day.
- Glitter has always gone hand and hand with Valentines Day. I love these simple Glitter Hearts and your kids will too.
- Your kids will be seeing hearts with these adorable Valentines heart shaped Binoculars. Glitter, jewels and hearts oh my!
- Why not have the kids create their own shirts for Valentines Day. Your kids will looks so sweet sporting their own handy work. Plus no need to spend money on the pricey holiday shirts. Its a win-win!
- I love this simple way to dress up your Valentines gift bag. What a great way to personalize a special gift.
- Looking for a last minute Valentines Card Idea for your kids? Check out these simple cards that are perfect for your kids to create in just a few moments.
Looking for more Valentines inspiration? Then make sure to check out Housing A Forest’s favorite Valentines crafts, games and activities.