Turkey crafts and Activities for kids.
Thanksgiving is a great time to gather the kids together and create. I complied some of my favorite Thanksgiving ideas from around the web into one huge resource. Many of these ideas are simple to make; use materials that you probably have in your cupboards and my favorite part…take only a few minutes to set up. Perfect for squeezing in a little creating between basting the turkey, making the perfect pumpkin pie and creating that delicious praline sweet potato casserole.
Since my kids love random facts, I thought I would share a few interesting facts all about Turkeys. Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving:)
Did you know…turkeys will have approximately 3,500 feathers at maturity?
1. Thanksgiving Turkey Finger Puppets from Frog Prince Paperie
2. Spin Art Turkeys from Dilly Dali Art
3. Turkey Marionettes from No Biggie
4. Craft Stick Turkey from Formula Mom
Did you know…wild turkeys can run 20 miles per hour.
5. Handprint Turkeys and a Thankful Jar from Rust and Sunshine
6. Origami Turkeys from Let’s Explore
7. Paper Plate Turkey from Thrifty Crafty Girl
8. Glittered TP Turkey from Work It Mom
Did you know…that six hundred seventy-five MILLION pounds of turkey are eaten each Thanksgiving in the US?
9. Paper Plate Turkey Wreath from A Mommys Adventures
10.Crayon Stained Glass Hand & Feet Turkey from Blog A La Cart
11. Pinecone Turkey Craft from Learn Create Love
12. Turkey Craft – toilet roll and paint chips Happy Hooligans
Did you know…turkey’s heads change colors when they get excited.
13. Easy Turkey Craft from Happy Home Fairy
14. Paper Plate Turkey from Meet the Dubiens
15. Gobble Gobble Globes from I Love to Create
16. Sculpey Turkey Finger Puppet from Twodaloo
Did you know…gobbling turkeys can be heard a mile away on a quiet day.
17. Turkey Hat from Parents
18. Yogurt Cup Turkey from Frog and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails
19. Thanksgiving Turkey Bowl-ing Make and Takes
20. Pine Cone Turkeys from A Pumpkin and A Princess
Did you know…wild turkeys sleep in trees.
21. Pom-pom Turkey Craft from She Knows
22. Paper Tube Turkeys from Silly Eagle Books
23. Popsicle Stick Thankful Turkeys from The Mama Report
24. Footprint Turkeys from Life with Moore Babies
Did you know…a male turkey is called a tom and a female is called a hen.
25. Thanksgiving Turkey Hat from Hub Pages
26. DIY Paper Stained Glass Turkeys from Happy Clippings
27. Washi Tape Turkey from Positively Splendid
28. Rainbow Turkey Craft from Formula Mom
Did you know…male turkeys gobble and female turkeys make a clicking noise.
29. Leaf Feather Turkeys for Thanksgiving from Baby Center
30. Gumdrop Turkey from design.wash.rinse.repeat
31. Sticky paper turkey dress-up and patterning from Teach Preschool
32. Flower Turkeys from Our Best Bites
Did you know…that fertilized turkey eggs hatch in 28 days.
33. Handmade Turkey Puzzle from KC Edventures
34. Golf Tee Turkey from I Can Teach My Child
35. A Plump and Perky Turkey from I Heart Crafty Things
36. Cereal box Turkeys from My Plum Pudding
Did you know…turkeys do not see well at night.
37. Milk and Cookies Turkey from I love to Create
38. No glue Make and Play Paper Bag Turkeys from No Time for Flashcards
39. Egg Carton Turkeys from School Time Snippets
40. Footprint Turkey Wreath from Momstown Arts and Crafts
Did you know…the oldest known wild turkey lived to be 13 years.