Summer is finally here! Love, love, love it! Can you tell I’m excited? There is something about the flexible schedule of summer that brings me so much joy! With the kids home and out of school, I am looking for fun summer activities. So what do I do? I asked 10 of my favorite bloggers what their must do summer kids activities are. I compiled all our activities together and created The ULTIMATE Summer Bucket List brought to you by the PLAY group.
This list is packed full of kid and Mom approved ideas all about summer FUN for kids. Lots of fun ideas to help to make this the best summer ever:)
- Rainbow Bubble Snakes ~ Bubbles are fun, but a colorful bubble snake is amazing!
- Ice Bowling ~ Cool off this summer with this simple DIY bowling game.
- Fingerpaint a MIRROR! ~ Explore paint in a whole new way this summer.
- Water Balloon Hunt ~ Perfect for a hot summer day. Fun and learning combined.
- “Cool” Ice Art for Little Hands ~ Fun art that will keep your kids cool this summer
- Painting with Rocks ~ Go for a walk and then create fun art with your kids!
- Exploding Art ~ Amaze your kids with this creative and explosive outdoor art.
- Painting with Ice ~ Keep the kids cool this summer with this creative melting art.
- How to Make a Kite ~ “Lets go fly a kit…” ok so I can sing, but my kids would love this DIY kite!
- 10 Summer Boredom Busters ~ fun ideas for keeping the “I’m bored” question at bay.
- EXPLODING Sidewalk Chalk ~ sidewalk chalk that explodes…sign me up!
- Scented Watermelon Sensory Rice ~ add the smell of summer to your next invitation to play.
- Marshmallow Sensory Play ~ Marshmallows are yummy when roasted, but check out this fun sensory play!
- Camping Activities ~ Lots of great ideas for a “Mom-Run” Backyard Summer camp.
- DIY Spin Art Machine ~ Power tools and paint come together to make this fun spin art machine
- Recycled Craft Chalkboard Toys ~ Recycle bin items turned toy/chalkboard…yes please!
- Build your own Sprinkler ~ No sprinkler…no problem, your kids can make their own!
- Backyard Obstacle Course ~ Fun way to burn off a little energy this summer with friends.
- Frozen Art Painting ~ Cool art for a hot day.
- Watermelon Popsicles ~ Yummy summer treat your kids will love and it is so easy to make!
- Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Sandwiches ~ do I even need to say more…YUMMY!
- Faux Lava Lamps ~ Amaze your kids with this simple experiment.
- Sidewalk SQUIRT Painting ~ Turn your sidewalks in to a beautiful master piece with this fun recipe!
- Monster Ice & OCTO-ICE Sensory Play ~ Cool off your kids with this creative Monster ice play!
- Kids Window Art ~ Let your kids create a little art on your windows this summer.
- Worm Observation Tower ~ What a fun way to learn about wiggly squiggly worms!
- Tire Swing Pendulum Painting ~ This outdoor project is a fun combination of science and art.
- ICY Cold Freezy Paint ~ Perfect way to paint on a hot summer day!
- Rainbow Car Paintings ~ Create simple art with your kids and their cars. How fun!
- Glowing Ice ~ glowing play is always and hit, and creating glowing ice is brilliant!
- Squirt Bottle Painting ~ Painting is always fun, but with a squirt bottle…yes please!
- Turn your Smart Phone into a Microscope ~ Fun way to explore their backyard without all the expensive equipment.
- Make a Pinwheel ~ Classic summer craft that your kids will love!
- Magnetic ICE Fishing ~ Magnets and ice, how fun is that! Great way to keep cool this summer!
- Water Balloon Games for kids ~ Lots of fun games to help beat the heat.
- Eruptions with Kool Aid and Paint ~ Create a little summer art and science all rolled into one!
- Summer Experiment with Water & Oil ~ 2 opposites that are perfect for playing with this summer!
- Make a Homemade Book About Nature ~ Fun backyard learning
- How to Chalk Hair ~ Temporary hair color is so fun and your kids will love it!
- Dyed Seashell Collage ~ Create a masterpiece after a fun day at the beach.
- Sidewalk Chalk Paint ~ We all love chalk but sidewalk paint is fantastic!
- Paint with Pom Poms ~ Simple to set up, but oh so fun!
- Bubble Pool ~ Beat the heat and add some bubbles too the kiddy pool. Quick, easy and oh so fun!
- Scented Watermelon Sensory Rice ~ My kids would love this fun invitation to play!
- Bathing Dolls – Water Sensory Play ~ add a fun twist to the traditional car wash and have a baby bath station.
- Splatter Painting Like Pollock ~ Backyard painting that your kids will love.
- Paper Airplane Experiments ~ Take your airplane building skills to the next level with these fun summer experiments.
- Homemade Birdseed Feeders ~ Treat the feathered friends in your back yard to a yummy snack.
- Felt Shape Flowers Activity ~ Fun quiet time activity, perfect for a rainy day.
- Blow It Up! Exploring Gas with Balloons, Baking Soda & Vinegar ~ Wow your kids with this simple experiment.
We would love for you to connect with us!
You won’t want to miss out on any of the fun we are having. Stay connected by following the P.L.A.Y. group on Pinterest or come hang out with us on our Google+ Community. We are looking forward to sharing all our creative ideas with you.
Hope you and your kids have a wonderful Summer exploring and playing! I would love to hear what is on your summer bucket list this summer.