Kids in the Kitchen ~ Simple Recipe
I love getting Kids in the kitchen and excited about cooking. This is our go to simple sweet treat recipe. The best part is the kids can basically make these simple Chocolate Drizzled Pretzels all on their own.
To make Chocolate Drizzled Pretzels, you will need:
- 1 bag of pretzels ~ I used sticks, but any variety would work.
- 12 oz bag of white chocolate melts (I used Wilton White Candy Melts)
- Ziploc bag (not necessary, but makes the drizzling so easy!)
- Tall glass
Have your kids spread the pretzels out on wax paper in a single layer. To make it easy for little fingers, we just place the wax paper right on the table.
Melt your chocolate in a microwave safe bowl according to package directions. We did ours at 30 second intervals, stirring in between until smooth. Make sure you help your kids with this step.
Tips for filling your Ziploc bag, and containing the mess:
- Place the Ziploc bag into a tall glass. Don’t cut the corner just yet!
- Fold the edges of the bag over the glass.
- Spoon or pour the melted chocolate into the bag.
- Take the bag out from the glass. Remove all the air and seal the Ziploc bag closed. This will ensure that most of the icing mess stays in the bag when little fingers are squeezing it.
- Twist the top part of the bag and snip a tiny corner of the Ziploc.
No mess and super easy. I make one of these little icing bags for each of the kids helping.
What is your favorite kid friendly recipe?