Kids LOVE finger painting! It is a fun sensory experience. Most kids enjoy squishing paint through their fingers and getting messy. Although I have to confess, I’m not always up for the mess finger painting creates. Mess free finger painting is perfect for those days when you don’t have time to clean up messy kiddos!
I found this great finger paint recipe over at Easie Peasie and I had to give it a try. I love homemade recipes that work as well or better than their store bought counterparts This recipe was easy to make and the perfect consistency. It made the perfect amount to fill 3 half pint mason jars.
Ziploc painting is all over Pinterest. I thought I found the perfect fun no mess painting solution! This colorful bag of paint is the perfect way to work on color mixing. Kids will be amazed when they create a new color.
To make your own mess free finger painting bag you will need:
- a heavy-duty ziplock bag
- finger paint, or any thick paint that you have on hand will work (tempra, acrylic…)
- wide tape – I used wide masking tape.
To create my kids version of mess free finger painting, you will need:
- A large sheet of paper. Have the kiddos scoop finger paint onto their paper.
- Place a large piece of plastic wrap over the entire paper.
- Tape all the edges of the plastic wrap to the paper, making sure to carefully seal every edge.
No need for the car to go through the car wash after this painting! The kids loved the tracks the wheels left behind. Once your little one is finished painting, simply remove the tape, and discard the plastic wrap. You will be left with a beautiful masterpiece.
He got his painting, and I had no mess to clean-up! This is defiantly an activity that we will be revisiting! Happy mess free painting!