How to make Straw Rockets ~ Easy craft for kids
We love creative kids activities that are not only easy but fun. My kids love blowing the papers off their straws when we eat out. Anyone else do this? That’s why were are so excited to have Leah from Family and Craft sharing how to make Straw Rockets. Now the kids can blow straw rockets anytime they want. Love it! Read on for easy to follow instructions.
I’m Leah from Family & Craft and I am so excited to be popping over to say hello! I am an artist and mom to 3 kiddos. We live in Brooklyn, NY. I post creative projects and imaginative activities for parents and kids on Instagram at @familyandcraft.
These straw rockets are exactly what I love in a project. Simple materials. Easy clean up. And all my kids love making them!
- Paper (approximately 3×3 inches)
- Markers or crayons
1) Cut paper into small squares. Approximately 3 x 3 inches work great for little hands.
2) Decorate squares with markers or crayons.
3) Cut each square in half. Each square makes two rockets.
4) Roll paper around the top of a straw. Not too snug, not too loose. The rocket should go on and off the straw with ease. Tape seam closed.
5) Fold top down. Tape shut.
6) They are ready to fly!
My kiddos are in the middle of making their own straw rockets right now. Thanks so much for sharing Leah! I am envisioning lots of fun target practice happening in our house for the next little while. Love it!
We all love comments, so why not hop over and visit Family and Craft her and tell her how much you enjoyed her post on Housing A Forest.