Perler Bead Ornaments ~ simple kids Christmas craft
My kids love creating with Perler Beads. They come in so many delightful colors, and are great for developing hand eye coordination and fine motor skills. I love the cute little Perler Bead Ornaments that the kids built today.
Materials you will need to make your own Perler Bead Ornaments:
- Perler Beads – in an assortment of colors
- Perler Bead Peg Boards – They come in a variety of fun shapes.
- Perler Ironing Paper – Included in the kit when you purchase your beads
- Iron – Ask an adult to fuse your design!
- String to hang your ornament
Perler Beads come in lots of wonderful colors, including transparent and glow in the dark. Both of which are my kids favorite!
Lay your peg board on a flat surface, and begin creating your design. My kids love making up there own patterns. However, there are tons of great free patterns online that we also enjoy.
Don’t worry about filling up all the pegs when you are creating your design. However, make sure that the beads are touching in some manner or your design won’t fuse properly.
- Once you are finished with your design, place it on a heat safe surface and ask an adult for help.
- Cover the beads with the ironing paper and iron using a circular motion. Run the iron over the ironing paper for 10-20 seconds.
- Peel the paper off your design and then remove it from the peg board.
- Flip the design over, cover with ironing paper and iron the other side.
- Thread your string through one of the holes and tie. You are all set to hang your ornament.
I love this Christmas tree! Bree was so excited to create a “window” in her ornament!
I have a love of snowmen, and this little guy is at the top of my list! I love his hat.
I have a tree dedicated to snowflakes. There is something delightful about each one!