15 Adorable Ladybug Craft Ideas ~ Spring Crafts for kids
Ladybugs are hands down my favorite bug! Ladybugs, ladybirds, lady beetles – whatever you choose to call them, they’re crazy cute! There is something about their bright red color and black polka dots that just makes me smile. Here are 15 of my favorite Ladybug craft ideas to inspire you.
Before we get down to bug-business, I thought I would share a few random facts about Ladybugs, that I’m sure you are just dying to know:
- Ladybugs aren’t really bugs at all, they’re Beetles!
The ladybug’s spots will get lighter as time passes and they get older.
Their larvae grow very quickly and shed their skin 3 times.
When a ladybug is flying it will beat its wings 85 times a second.
Ladybugs come in a variety of colors – some are orange, yellow and red.
I can’t wait to share 15 of my favorite Ladybug Craft Ideas for kids! Click on the link for the full tutorial for each little Ladybug.
1. Spring Ladybug Craft from Housing A Forest ~ I adore these little textural recycled ladybugs. Who knew cardboard boxes could look so great.
2. Eric Carle Inspired Lady Bug from I Heart Craft Things ~ These little lady bugs are so adorable! I would love to have a set of them framed on my wall.
3. Paint Stamping Ladybugs from The Craft Train ~ Head to your kitchen to make the perfect ladybug stamp. Have you tied making a potato stamp? They are amazingly easy to make and perfect for kids.
4. Ladybug Suncatchers from Here Comes the Girls ~ Brighten your windows with these adorable little ladybugs. Perfect for spring!
5. Grouchy Ladybugs from Tippytoe Crafts ~ These little ladybugs are so cute! Check out the clever little grouchy insight hidden under the the leaves. Adorable!
6. Heart Ladybug from Housing A Forest ~ Have fun making an simple ladybug mainly designed with heart shapes. Adorable little love bug!
7. Paper Plate Ladybug from Housing A Forest ~ I love this fun twist on the classic paper plate ladybug. I can’t help but smile when I see the long dangly legs.
8. Egg Carton Ladybug from Crafts by Amanda ~ Adorable little recycled bugs. I love that they are not all painted in traditional colors!
9. Ladybug Finger Puppet from Lalymom ~ A super easy and totally adorable little bug puppet. Perfect craft to accompany a sweet little snack!
10. Ladybug Paper Bag Craft from Kara’s Party Ideas ~ I love this little Ladybug craft station. Super simple craft for a kids birthday party.
11. Make a Pet Ladybug from Mom it Forward ~ I adore this super low maintenance pet. I’m a sucker for mason jars, so this little bug house is perfect!
12. Bottle Top Ladybug Jar from Love and Lollipops ~ Head to your recycle bin and create a super simple set of Ladybugs your kids will have fun playing with.
13. Five Little Ladybugs from I Heart Crafty Things ~ Super simple Ladybug craft that only takes minutes to make. Love that!
14. Ladybug Hat Craft from Lets Pour Tea ~ These are the cutest little ladybug hats ever! Perfect for a little Ladybug pretend play.
15. Tissue Paper Lady Bug from Craft Ideas ~ I love the puffy texture of this little Ladybug. Comes with a Free template so you can create your own.
16. Observing Ladybugs from Housing a Forest ~ This is not a craft, but I couldn’t resist adding it. We had so much fun observing the ladybug life cycle first hand.