Your kids will love making music with this simple DIY Popsicle Stick Harmonica. They are so easy to make. When my son saw instructions (not sure where) on how to create these simple musical instruments, he rushed home to create his own.
Popsicle Stick Harmonica Supplies
- 2 Popsicle Sticks (we used the wide ones)
- 2 Rubber Bands (you could also use string)
- A strip of paper the same size as the Popsicle Stick
- 2 toothpicks cut the width or just wider than the Popsicle Stick
How to assemble your DIY musical instrument:
- Sandwich the paper strip in between the 2 Popsicle Sticks.
- Wrap a rubber band around one end until it is snug.
- Slide a toothpick to the inside of the rubber band.
- Sandwich the last toothpick at the other end of the Popsicle sticks, and wrap with a rubber band.
Now your all set to make some music. Simply blow or suck air to make a unique noise. You can also try pinching the Popsicle Sticks together to see what new noise you can create.
This is a simple project that your kids will have fun putting together. It only takes a few moments to assemble. There is something satisfying about creating your own toys.
Looking for more ideas your kids can create? Check out our: