We just attended the Minneapolis Color Run, “the happiest 5K on the planet.” I love everything colorful, and this was an event to remember. There is an amazing color party at the finish line.
The color cloud is made from a special blend of colored cornstarch that is safe and natural. They hand out a packet of color to each racer, and then there are more bags of color available for purchase. They are designed to be exploded into the air, but my kiddos enjoyed throwing the color at each other, and basically having all all out color fight. It was a blast!
Kaleb made a colorful water bottle popper, by adding some of the powdered paint to the bottle. Another fun way to make a colorful explosion. Follow the link for instructions on how to make one.
This is my current favorite family photo. I love how colorful we are!
A few tips if you plan on attending a Color Run:
- Wear white shirts! Be prepared for the color to get everywhere.
- Sunglasses are a must! They will help protect your eyes!
- Bring old sheets or towels to cover the seats for the car ride home. It worked great for us, and minus a bit of color on the seat belts our car is color free.
- Use a zip-lock bag to try to keep your camera clean and dust free. The color dust will get everywhere, so just be prepared.
- Sign up early! Spots fill up really fast. However, the event is free and totally family friendly. Even if you are not a runner, this event is for you. The color party is open to everyone.
This is a great family event! My kids LOVED it. I’m sure this will be something that they will be talking about for a really long time.