My kids have always loved playing with bubbles. Kaleb could hardly wait to show us the new “trick” he learned at school. Yep, apparently when the boys were to be washing their hands, they were secretly creating beautiful big bubbles. Here is Kaleb’s simple tutorial on how to blow a bubble with your hands. Love it!
Materials needed to blow big bubbles with your hands:
- Sink with water
- liquid hand soap.
- and your hands:)
To make your bubbles you will need to:
- Wet your hands
- Then generously rub your hands with soap
- Place your hands back in the running water, like you are about to wash them
- Rub them together until you have super slippery and soapy hands, Make sure that you don’t wash all the soap off, you just want to wet your hands until they are slippery.
- Place your hands in a circle (you can either use one hand or both hands)
- Create a “soap skin” (like when you use a bubble blower) and gently blow
- You will need to keep re-applying soap every few bubbles to keep your hands slippery.
It can take a bit of practice to get the bubbles to float off your hands, but the kids got super excited when it worked.
If you blow really gently, you will be able to make a bubble almost as large as your head. They also discovered that they could also get the bubbles to stretch between both their hands. Eventually the bubble would divide into 2 large bubbles, one for each hand.
I love that these simple bubbles can be made anywhere, and really need no special tools or materials. No fancy bubble solution needed, just regular soap. Love it!