Guest Post Submission Guidelines.
I love getting to know other bloggers and can’t wait to see your submission. Housing a Forest is a growing community and I am always looking for new ideas about crafts, play, learning activities and kid focused fun. I look forward to reading your submission.
Here are a few guidelines that will help make your submission process go smoothly.
What type of content is a good fit for Housing A Forest?
- Original content that has not previously appeared on your blog, or another site. (Submissions with links to sponsoring companies will not be accepted.)
- Articles must include “Kid friendly” fun that focuses on children ages 2-12.
- Topics to consider are: Process-based art; craft tutorials; learning activities; science experiments; DIY toys/games or your creative space.
How do I submit my idea?
Email your submission (including the following) to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Guest Post” in the subject line. I’ll review your proposal and let you know if it is a good fit for Housing A Forest:
Your email should include
- Your name and link to your blog
- Your complete post (in HTML form): should be approximately 300-500 words.
- 3 – 5 high quality photos (minimum) that are your own (you must use photos that YOU have taken; no stock photos will be permitted). Photos should be sized to 614×409 horizontally or 409×614 vertically.
- A short bio about yourself and your blog (about 2 sentences). You may also include a small photo of yourself (150px by 150px).
- Copy the HTML of your completed post and email it to email@example.com
What is the next step?
- I will notify you if your guest post was approved and when your article is scheduled to be published.
- I’ll add a short introduction to the beginning of the post about you and your blog.
- I will also include up to 3 links at the bottom of your post featuring some of my favorite activities, crafts etc on your site (you are welcome to suggest posts that you want promoted here).
- The bio you wrote will be included at the end of your post (you can also add in a link to your blog, or where people can find you i.e. Facebook, Pinterest)
- Your post and blog will be promoted through my social networking channels (Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram)
- After your article has been published on Housing A Forest for 30 days, you are welcome to re-post it on your own blog. However, please re-word the post, title and link back to the original post that was shared on www.housingaforest.com.
I look forward to connecting with you!