Unique way to Dye Easter Eggs!
Coloring Easter Eggs is one of my favorite Easter activities. I love discovering new ways to use old products. A few years ago we tried our hand at sharpie tie dying shirts and fell in love. This year we combined tie dyed shirts with Easter egg decorating and came up with Sharpie Tie Dyed Easter Eggs. I love how they turned out. I have a huge obsession with Sharpie markers. They come is so many bright colors, it is hard to choose a favorite.
Sharpie Tie Dyed Easter Egg Materials:
- Eggs ~ Make sure they are room temperature
- Bright permanent Sharpie markers~ as many colors as you have.
- Rubbing alcohol
- Tray to contain the mess
- Eye dropper
- A well ventilated area!
Color your design with sharpie marker straight onto your room temp egg. We found that the more colorful your design the better the end result. I would suggest fully covering your whole egg in sharpie markers.
After you have your design, slowing drip rubbing alcohol onto the egg. The colors with mix, blend and drip leaving behind a beautiful pattern. No two eggs will come out looking the same.
Let your egg dry and it is all ready to display. Make sure that you don’t eat these eggs, this is for decoration only!
Sharpie Dyeing Tips:
- Use room temperature eggs ~ Eggs tend to sweat when they are pulled out of the fridge. Since you won’t be eating these eggs no need to worry about leaving them on the counter for too long.
- Cover your egg completely with Sharpie marker ~ We found the the more colorful the egg the better the result.
- Drip the rubbing alcohol very slowly ~ This will allow the alcohol to bleed, blend and create beautiful patterns with the Sharpie marker.
- Make sure the room is well ventilated!
- Metallic Sharpie markers do not bleed, and don’t work for this project.