Welcome to Housing A Forest!
I’m so exited you found my little creative corner of the internet!
I love being creative and encouraging kids to be creative a well. Housing A Forest is packed full of art tutorials, educational activities and good old fashioned fun your kids will love.
Hi Sweet Friends!
Let me properly introduce myself. I’m Tammy Dube. The writer, creator and the girl behind the camera of Housing A Forest. I am passionate about being creative and encouraging kids to be creative a well.
This is my space where I share all things kid related. You can find everything from easy crafts and simple games…to learning activities and good old fashioned play! Join in the fun, and let’s get our kids thinking outside the box and enjoying their childhood!
I’ve tried to make it as easy as possible for you to find what you are looking for. The best place to start is the menu bar at the top of this page or the search box on the right sidebar. Our archives are packed full of creative Science Experiments, inspiring Art Projects, earth friendly Recycled Crafts, and tons of Holiday themed ideas.
New to Housing A Forest? Start with one of our popular posts:
Don’t get overwhelmed…grab a cup of coffee and get inspired!
A little bit more about me…
- I’m a mom to 3 wonderful school aged kiddos (ages 9,10 and 12), who often inspire the creative activities that I write about on Housing A Forest.
- I am married to my best friend. Seriously, this guy is amazing! Not only is he supportive of all my crazy ideas, he often joins in. Love!!!
- I often have a house full of kiddos (a few of my own, plus lots of extras).
- My tool of choice is the glue gun, but I also love bright colorful paint.
- I have also passion for turning junk furniture into something beautiful and useful. Yep, I love dumpster diving and road side treasures! Breathing new life into a tired and worn out piece gives me great joy!
Are you wondering…why Housing a Forest?
Well, I have a bit of a thing for Christmas trees (OK it might be better described as an obsession). I LOVE how warm and cozy my house feels with all the festive decorations, white lights and decorated trees. I have numerous trees (almost one for every room in our home, yes even the bathrooms have their own tree). My sweet hubby hauls them all up to the attic (still set up) during their “off season.” Love him! Anyway…not too long ago a cable man had to look at something in the attic and commented “wow you guys have a forest up here!” So, Housing a Forest was born.
When I’m not creating with my kiddos or writing easy to follow tutorials, there’s a good chance you’ll find me:
- Painting furniture or just about anything I can get my hands on over at Inspired Home Stye.
- Curled up with a good book and a steaming cup of
coffeehot water (my body has recently rejected coffee, so hot water it is for now).
- Playing boardgames with friends and strategizing over my next move (I’m just a wee bit competitive).
- Dreaming I am wiggling my toes in the sand watching a beautiful sunset.
I would love to connect with you!
The best place to connect with me is in the comments of my blog posts. Nothing makes me happier than seeing sweet comments or questions from you! Seriously. You can also find me on Facebook, Google + and Twitter. Confession: I heart Instagram. It’s my new secret
love affair obsession. I don’t know why it has taken me so long to get over there?!?! And since I’m a visual person, Pinterest rocks my world!
Have a question? I would love to hear from you.
tammy (at) housingaforest (dot) com
You can find my full Disclosure Policy here.